Thursday, February 16, 2017

Are Atkins Diet Bars Okay For A Keto Diet?

Question: I have never eaten much. So this much fat is a lot for me. I burp when I eat a heavy oily food. Like I made chili and it was so heavy all evening on my stomach. Are Atkins bars okay on the induction diet? Maybe not. So I could be wrong to be eating those?

Answer: During the induction phase, the Atkins diet recommends you keep your Net Carb intake to around 20 grams.

So as long as the carbohydrates in your food choices don’t add up to more than that, you should be able to eat whatever you want (including Atkins bars).

This pretty much applies to the ketogenic diet as well.

For the first 7 days I stayed under 30 grams Net Carbs until I got through the ‘keto flu’ period and then I increased my Net Carb threshold to 50 grams per day.

Listed below are some resources specific to the Atkins Diet:

Induction Phase: https://www.atkins.com/how-it-works/atkins-20/phase-1
Acceptable Foods: https://www.atkins.com/how-it-works/atkins-20/phase-1/low-carb-foods

As for oily food being heavy in your stomach, that will subside once you become fully keto adapted.

Right now it feels that way because your body is still adjusting to using fat as its primary energy source and until it does, you will experience varying levels of the keto flu.

Read additional tips like this on https://ketovip.com.


Are Atkins Diet Bars Okay For A Keto Diet? was first published on KetoVIP Tumblr Blog

Republished from the KetoVIP Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment